The service is provided by Care Assistants, to support home bound elderly who need help with simple daily activities. Our trained and certified Care Assistants will provide quality in-home personal care for your loved ones, as and whenever they need it, on a flexible long-term basis.
The service is provided 7 days a week, island-wide, from 8am to 10pm and the minimum booking period is one hour.
The scope of a Care Assistant’s duties include:
- Assistance with basic activities of daily living
- Assistance with medication
- Elder-sitting and respite
- Mind stimulating activities
- Performing simple maintenance exercises as prescribed by a registered physiotherapist, occupational or speech therapist
- Personal hygiene
Things to note:
- If you require several hours of care per week on a long-term basis, it will be more economical for you to engage our Live-in Caregivers.
- This option is often suitable as a long-term personal care service. If you need a short-term caregiver urgently, please engage our Respite Care services.
S$22 per hour (before applying subsidy)
Mdm Lim engaged a Care Assistant for 6 hours per week (S$132 before subsidy). After means-testing by the social worker, it was determined that she is eligible for a 80% subsidy so her ‘out-of-pocket’ cost is only $26.40 per week.
S$24 per hour
There is a S$2.20 surcharge per hour after 8pm.
There is a S$22 surcharge per hour on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Payments terms are weekly or monthly.
GETTING THE SUBSIDY:
To know which subsidy level you are eligible for, a means-test will need to be conducted by a social worker. The results of the means-test will determine your subsidy-level.
We can work with you to establish a regular schedule for your loved one so you know exactly who to expect and when.