They have the skills and motivation to care for your loved one at every step so they can live fuller lives in a healthy and active environment at home, giving relief and peace of mind to the family.
OUR SPECIALISED LIVE-IN CAREGIVERS:
- Provide professional care and are foreign-trained nurses and nursing aides with relevant hospital and elderly care experience.
- Are trained to deal with emergencies, such as a heart attack, shock, choke, fall, stroke, burn, wound or poisoning.
- Promote a healthier lifestyle and provide holistic care with focus on your loved one’s overall well-being.
- Understand the challenges of the job and are committed for the long-term.
DUTIES OF A LIVE-IN CAREGIVER:
Some of their duties include:
- Assistance in toileting, skin care, feeding, transferring, bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Assisting patients who have urinary catheters, feeding tubes, who are incontinent need or oxygen therapy.
- Companionship and emotional support.
- Encouraging regular exercise which will be adapted to the client’s condition.
- Ensuring that the client takes the right medication, and on time.
- Ensuring the client is in a clean and tidy environment.
- Maintaining good hygiene.
- Meal preparation and monitoring diet.
- Meaningful cognitive activities like herb or flower gardening, going to the fish pond, looking at family pictures etc. These will be adapted to their abilities, interests and habits.
- Monitoring vital signs and providing support to certain health conditions.
- Preventing falls and accidents.
Some of these health conditions include:
- Bed-bound and Wheelchair Patients
- Heart Disease / Heart Failure
- Nutrition / Elimination Problems
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Patients Recovering from a Fall
- Stoma and Wound
- Visual / Hearing Impairment
Our specialized caregivers can also communicate with the doctor regularly or co-ordinate with a medical team to discuss treatments e.g. gradually initiating exercise, elimination programmes etc.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A LIVE-IN CAREGIVER:
Many of our clients have highlighted several positive impacts in having a live-in caregiver. Here are some of them:
- They not only give professional care but are also good listeners who are able to understand the family members’ concern, especially when facing difficult situations, and they provide adequate support wherever needed.
- Gives you a sense of confidence and peace of mind knowing that your family member has every need being taken care of when you’re not there yourself.
- They can easily notice any abnormalities or behavioral changes and notify you before it’s too late.
- The caregiver keeps them busy and active during the day so frequent anxiety and wandering diminishes in the night time, which means better rest for the whole family!
If you have a loved one who needs special care, let us help you find the best caregiver and you’ll see for yourself what a difference it makes!
MONTHLY CAREGIVER SALARY:
Starts at S$600 and goes up to S$1,200, depending on the caregiver’s education and experience, as well as the complexity of the assignment.
- Nursing Aides, suitable for simple cases:
3 to 6 month basic caregiver training with relevant elderly care experience – Salary S$600 to S$750.
- Auxiliary nurses, suitable for advanced cases:
1 to 2 years nursing training with relevant elderly care experience – Salary S$750 to S$900.
- Diploma and BSc Nurses, suitable for complex cases:
3 to 4 years nursing training with relevant elderly care experience – Salary S$800 to S$1,200.
You can reduce the cost of the monthly levy from S$60 to S$265 under the “Aged person scheme” or “Persons with disabilities scheme”. Click here for details.
Also, if you are eligible, you can apply for the Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant by AIC, and benefit from a further reduction of S$120/month. Click here for details.
ONE-TIME AGENCY FEES:
A one-off set-up fee of S$1,888 (excl. GST) which is inclusive of:
- Work permit application fee & Issuance fee
- Insurance & Security bond
- Settling in programme
- Medical check-up
- Caregiver’s food and lodging in Singapore before issuance of workpass
- Caregiving consultation at home
- Integration training
- Caregiver’s uniforms
- Arrangement of plane ticket
Kindly take note that there is a surcharge for Filipino Caregivers.
If required, pre-approval from MOM for a Male Caregiver or Third Foreign Domestic Worker.
Payment can be made via Nets, Cheque or Bank Transfer.
Prices valid as of 1 July 2017.
If you require an expedition we may be able to make arrangements for you under the Advanced Placement Scheme.
Things to take note:
- You will be the employer and sign a FDW contract with the caregiver. Salary is to be paid directly to the caregiver from the second month onwards.
- All our caregivers are extensively screened and interviewed during our recruitment process, and given an induction training after their arrival in Singapore.
- We also provide regular support and trainings to our caregivers during their days off, giving them an opportunity to refresh and reinforce their skills, as well as make new friends.